Mother, son dead after gas leak in Kendall home

Mother, son dead after gas leak in Kendall home

Overview

By Spectrum News Staff

KENDALL, N.Y. — An Orleans County mother and son are dead after a reported gas leak in their Kendall home.

Firefighters found the bodies of 38-year-old Joan Gilman and her 14-year-old son Richard Gilman Jr. in the upstairs bedroom of a duplex on Center Road just before 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Sheriff’s deputies say electricty to the duplex was turned off a few days ago, and a portable generator was being used, along with propane powered appliances.

The victims were taken to the Monroe County Medical Examiner’s Office to figure out their exact cause of death.