Chili hotel closed after electrical fire

Chili hotel closed after electrical fire

Overview

 

 

By Spectrum News Staff

 

CHILI, N.Y. — A hotel in Chili remains closed Monday morning after an electrical fire.

Firefighters found flames in the elevator mechanical room of the Microtel Inn and Suites on Chili Avenue. They quickly put the fire out around midnight Sunday.

The hotel has water and smoke damage along with some electrical issues.

75 guests were forced out of the hotel and then put up at various other hotels.

The Microtel will remain closed until it can be inspected by the Chili Fire Marshal.